Immunity and immune system
A. Innate immunity: has 4 defensive barriers:
· Anatomic (Skin and mucous membrane )
· Physiologic ( Temperature, low pH, chemical mediators)
B. Adaptive Immunity : has cells like :
· Antigen specific T cells
· B cells. Immune system includes major components like lymph node, spleen, bone marrow, lymphocytes, Thymus, leucocytes.
· American Academy of Allergy.
· American Association of Immunologists.
· National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases.
· Canadian Society for Immunology.
· British Society for Immunology.